DESIGN + BUILD + REMODEL
Email Inquiry Regarding Architectural Design and New Turnkey Construction
Email Inquiry Regarding the Remodel, Renovation, or Expansion of an Existing Structure
Serving Austin, San Antonio, Houston, and Surrounding Areas
Our unique custom home or accessory structure design service transforms your ideas, style, and overall goals into construction documents and photo-realistic renderings.
You will see your new custom home or structure come to life beginning with conceptual plan drafting, and ending with the completed development of your property, and construction of your home or structure. We handle everything with you and for you, A-Z.
Small House Solutions is an Austin, TX based Custom Design-Build Firm serving multiple Texas Metro Areas. We specialize in a variety of home and structure types, including: Custom Homes, Small Homes, Tiny Homes, Backyard Homes, ADU‘s Accessory Structures (Studio, Pool House, Detached Office), Granny Flats, Mother-In-Law Suites, Man-Caves, She-Sheds, Tiny Homes on Wheels, Park Models, Home Remodel, Home Addition and Home Renovation.
We Design and Build Additional Dwelling Units, ADU’s, Backyard Homes, Accessory Structures, Small Custom Homes, Large Custom Homes, Tiny Homes On Wheels, Park Models, Home Remodel, Home Addition and Home Renovation.
Additional and Accessory Dwelling Units – ADU’s
These are commonly referred to as backyard homes, granny flats, mother-in-law suites, guest homes, casita’s, pool houses, and accessory structures. These permanent structures are designed and built to the locally adopted IRC building codes and municipal zoning codes.
Custom Tiny, Small, and Large Homes
Our Tiny, Small, and Large Single-Family Residences are designed and built to the locally adopted IRC building codes and municipal zoning codes.
Tiny Homes On Wheels (Tiny Houses on Wheels)
These are built on either a bumper pull or gooseneck trailer. Maximum dimensions: 8.5′ wide, 13.5′ tall. Popularly parked in an RV park or rural property outside of the city limits.
Park Model Homes
Park Models are typically designed and built to be 399 sqft. Maximum dimensions: 15′ wide, 15′ tall. Popularly parked in an RV park or a rural property outside of the city limits.
Home Remodeling, Home Addition, and Home Renovation
Our mission is to transform your ideas, and big-picture goals into blueprints and a new space to fit your lifestyle.
Our Custom Design Packages are tailored to your project’s specific requirements. We also offer a multitude of various 3D modeling and rendering services to give you unique perspectives of your new space before it is built.
Our full-service approach provides our clients with a smooth transition from a desire to build, to a completed development. We handle everything under the Small House Solutions roof.
This is how we begin:
- You submit a general inquiry via “Contact Us”, or book a Free Phone or Zoom Consultation with us.
- Based on our discussion, we make a recommendation on how to take the next step(s) with us. That may be one of the following:
- Meeting in-person on-site.
- Perform a detailed feasibility study and providing you with a report.
- Entering directly into a contract for the design, engineering, and permitting scope of the project.
- Site visit and detailed analysis by highly experienced members of our team.
- Upon entering into custom design agreement with us, we schedule a design-criteria meeting with you, either in person or via Zoom.
- We begin drafting a conceptual floor plan and site plan. A property survey is required for this. If you do not have one, we can assist you with this.
- Conceptual Plans are delivered to you via email. You may reply with your approval, revision requests, or book a phone or Zoom meeting with your dedicated design-lead.
- We draft an electrical layout plan showing light fixtures, switches, outlets, etc… It is provided to you along with any revisions to the floor plan that we had previously discussed.
- Upon receiving your approval or revision requests of the electrical layout plan, we custom-tailor a materials specifications Google Sheet, provide it to you, and arrange a Zoom meeting to discuss the sheet, and consult with you regarding making selections for your build.
- We draft the exterior elevations plans (side perspectives of the exterior of the structure) and save deliver them to you for review. Upon your approval or revision request, we round-out drafting with detailing, cabinet elevations, roof plan, plumbing plan, and finalized site plan.
- The Permit File and Construction Documents are completed upon receiving the relevant documentation and plans from our engineering partners. IE: Spetic Engineering Plan, Geo-Tech Engineering, Civil Engineering (Tap Plan), Etc…
- Small House Solutions provides you a Hard-Cost Contract for E-Signature. The Contract Includes Price, Draw Schedule, Terms of the Contract, The Material Specification Sheet in PDF Format, and the Plans. If all finishing materials selections have not been made by you as of the time our contract is ready, we define line-item allowances for each selection, in order to provide you with a Hard-Cost. If the post-contract selections are made over the allowance, the difference would be billed as a change order. If under the allowance, the difference would be credited towards your final payment.
In addition to drafting blueprints for construction, our full service design-build approach often includes:
Geo-Tech Engineering (Soil Drilling, Sampling, Lab-Testing, and Engineers Report), Civil Engineering (Tap Plan for Water Meter/Tap and Sewer Tap Improvements), Structural Engineering (Foundation, Shear/Wind-Bracing, and Framing: Ceiling, Roof, Subfloor), Septic Engineering, City and/or County Permitting, Land Development, Utility Connections, and Full Construction Services.
Our goal is to provide our clients with a relaxed, professional, exciting, and quality construction experience as a “one-stop-shop” design-build firm.
- Modular home construction, delivery, and installation
- Site-built home construction
S E E W H A T O U R C L I E N T S T H I N K
Jason and his team were outstanding to work with! He not only listened to what I wanted and put my vision on paper but improved upon it in ways I wouldn’t have imagined. He was extremely timely and always kept me in the loop with their progress. I highly recommend him and Small House Solutions to create your next small house dream!!!
Jason, you did exactly what we wanted you to do: Helping with floorpan & design, being the ‘general contractor’ with the city of San Antonio, and working with suppliers/manufacturers to get the price with our upgrades acceptable. You and Small House Solutions have made the experience easier than we thought it would be and we can’t thank you enough.
Jason and his team were fantastic at getting my site review performed and helping me solidify my plans. We’re moving to the next phase and The Small House Solutions group is really bringing all of the plans and team together to bring my dream home to fruition. Great experience.
Jason, Enrique and the rest of the team are wonderful to work with. I was impressed with their professionalism and how quickly they assessed my project. They make the building process easy.
I did as much research as I could do online for ADU’s here in the Austin area. Good information is few and far between and I t’s quite a tedious process. Finally came across Small House Solutions and had a very helpful conversation with Jason. I gave him a little information of what I wanted and he was off to the races. Great process and they take out the guesswork of dealing with the city and the ever changing codes. One stop shop and I highly recommend. Have my design done and looking forward to finally breaking ground when I’m ready.
So cool that they have a backyard tiny house in north Austin! They mentioned some resources for parking their houses if we bought one and recommended a realtor for finding land if we choose to go that route. VERY COOL! Excited to work with them when the time is right.
This company seems to specialize in ADUs. Jason Kahle helped me navigate the permit process for our backyard house in N Austin. I recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a tiny or small house
Small House Solutions offers free consultation services to greater Austin, TX area property owners.
Have a specific question for us?
Small House Solutions serves the following Texas Towns, Counties and nearby Areas for Tiny, Small, Large Custom Homes, Tiny Homes on Wheels, ADU’s, Accessory Structure and Park Models:
Custom Home Builder Copperas Cove TX
Custom Home Builder Fredericksburg TX
Custom Home Builder Georgetown TX
Custom Home Builder Harker Heights TX
Custom Home Builder Hays County TX
Custom Home Builder Houston
Custom Home Builder Hutto TX
Custom Home Builder Kendall County TX
Custom Home Builder Killeen